More than 1,500 athletes play rugby in the Central Okanagan.
In 2010, less than 500 athletes were playing rugby in the Central Okanagan region.
By 2020, there will be 1,500 active rugby players in our region.
CORE plans to develop the infrastructure to achieve our vision by focusing on four key strategic areas.
Development - building a youth touch sevens league to provide a foundation for all local rugby.
Excellence - providing off-season training opportunities to dedicated elite rugby athletes.
Sustainability - diversifying sources of rugby funding within the community.
Community - re-connecting all local rugby enthusiasts to the sport they love.
Our five-year goals provide a strong foundation for achieving our Vision 2020. By December of 2020, we will:
(1) Development - Increase the number of active rugby players in the region, from 500 to 1,500.
(2) Excellence - Increase the number of rep-level rugby athletes from the region, from 5 to 15.
(3) Sustainability - Strengthen a diverse rugby financing infrastructure to meet local rugby needs.
(4) Sustainability - Have more than $100,000 in the CORE Endowment Fund.
(5) Community – Have more than 200 active members of the CORE society.
(6) Community - Establish a defined center for rugby activities in the Central Okanagan.
The four key strategic areas are each led by an elected CORE Director.
Each strategic area has annual projects that move us towards our goals for 2020.
Each annual project is led by a local rugby leader selected by the Director.
Each project leader defines the budget required to achieve the defined project goals.
The CORE Board works with the Sustainability Team to acquire the requisite funds.